Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Jan 4 - Daniel 1-3

Ok - you know, even on your birthday - life is not all about you. God is choosing the words Break, Stronghold, and Humility to start out my 29th year of being alive. Thank goodness for HIM! As CG said tonight - His Word is power and that is why we praise - Ps 33 - what a great Psalm to focus on!
Anyway, but that is not what I am reading tonight...
Oh what an amazing person of faith, obedience, and surrender - even in the face of death...
Daniel 1-3
1.7 - Its funny...we know Daniel by Daniel, we know the other three by their second names - hmmm, wonder why?
1.8 - Daniel resolved - and kept this resolution...he was resolved not to linger around things that distracted him but to focus on things that should be his stronghold...
2.22, 23 - The wisdom of God - impart please. Make known to me the things I don't know...Let me dwell in the light. Reveal the deep hidden things I know not yet...
2.47 - Will the answer to our prayers by God bring others to repentance and for them to claim that God is the God and King of all Kings...
3.16-18 - Boldness...will I continue to believe in God even if He never answers my prayers the way I wish for them to be answered? Yes...but help me to do that when and if the time comes. I know there will be times that you don't answer my prayers that way I think they should be answered. May I remember that your ways are higher and best!
3.28 - "And yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God."

No comments: