Monday, May 12, 2008

Signs of a Biblical Husband/Father

I know it was Mother's Day yesterday, but this post is about husbands/fathers. Not that I am not thankful for godly mothers I am. (Mom, Phyllis, Lindsay W, Kim R, Elizabeth B, Danna S, Clarissa B, Angela S, Merriem F, Kasey F, Moriah T - all have shown me what it means to be a godly wife and mother and I am so thankful for them and their modeling).
But, I have been thinking about this topic for a while now - and saw such a great model for it this morning. I saw a friend of mine lead his family in a decision that had to be made, take steps to provide for his family no matter what God told him to do in order to do that, and to protect them by being obedient to God's moving. I was so excited to see that. Even though it wasn't easy - and it took diligence in praying and in seeking the face of God over matters that concern his family. I was excited to see that there are godly husbands and fathers out there willing to be a model not only for their family - but also for single men who need role models of what godly husbandry looks like. Thank you!
A friend and I were talking a few years ago - saying that men have it more tough then women when they get married. All the weight of providing for a family - both spiritually and financially - is on their shoulders. That would be so burdensome at times. But, there is strength and power in the Name of the Lord as it says so many times in Isaiah and the Psalms as well as other places in Scripture.
The Mothers that I named above - all of them have husbands like this. I know they are grateful - and so I am - that I have godly couples to look at as models of godly families.

No comments: