Monday, April 20, 2009

Kate Perry and Psalm 1

I read many blogs. I like doing it. It is a way to stay in touch with the world. I read just beginning of a fitness one and found this:
"I tried to dislike Katy Perry for a long time. "I Kissed a Girl" was so over the top and supposed to be shocking and scandalous that it irritated the heck out of me. Plus, she routinely includes watermelons in her wardrobe. I love fruits, but come on.
And then I started humming the darn song. On a few occasions, I accidentally listened to it in its entirety while in the car. Then it somehow ended up on my iPod. Before I knew it, I was giggling with Erin over her signing the ditty to her dog when she'd kiss her on the head. It was only a matter of days before I repeated the act with my own dog. (Yes, we're those kind of dog owners.)"
I think this is the epitamy of Psalm 1:
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
In the above illustration, this lady found a very ill song (very Jane Austen way of putting something) to be "shocking, irritating, and scandalous". Then she started humming it. Now she has it on her iPod and laughs at it.
See the progression of: walks, stands, sits"...
I love it when the world is screaming Scripture and doesn't even know it. Think biblically folks!

No comments: