Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend in NC

What a great weekend! It is amazing how one place can be so used of God in so many areas in my life!
RDU is it. I know its not a city - but many cities. But, this place is so dear to my heart!
Many folks ask me why I'm not there then. Well, God doesn't always give us what we want. I tried for 3 years to find a job that I loved and that paid me above the poverty level - and just didn't happen. And, I'm very happy with the job that God has given me - God is good.
It worked out for me to be there for work (another post later on the Re:Think Conference at Providence), my parents were there for a genealogy conference, and good friends and food are always there.
God used this weekend to show the importance of the extended body of Christ to me. Of friends that will be open and honest with me, good times over food, honesty in relationships, clarity on church matters, joy in friendships, writing materials, hearing the passion of evangelism in people's hearts, incredible worship, fantastic preaching, seeing the fruit of ministry, beautiful weather, rainy weather, great cafes and coffee shops, unhurried moments.
Really - the grace of God was all over this weekend. I am so grateful!

No comments: