Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June snapshot...

This is going to be a blog post full of random things. I haven't been posting in a while on this blog, so I thought I would catch you up on life in one blog entry.
1. SBC 2009. I did post my thoughts from here. I thought in the end it was a very encouraging convention. I like Danny Akin's thoughts on it (and Acts29) here.
2. Exercising. I still need to lose some weight, but a lifestyle change is what is needed. I've done better at that this year. So, God has been good and faithful in allowing me to be obedient.
3. Fruit picking. I've already done my fair share of berry picking this season - with at least one more Saturday set aside for this fun activity in Southern Indiana. I've picked strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, black raspberries. Next to pick peaches, tomatoes, blackberries and blueberries. So yummy!
4. Work. Going very well. Summer is slow, but we are heading into a big transition. We just had the 150th anniversary of SBTS. Our guys did a great job getting everything ready and our campus is very beautiful right now.
5. Foot. A few years ago I started to notice a pain under my pinky toe of my left foot when exercising. Well, i'm finally going to do something about it. I have an appt set for July 15 to get it looked it. If surgery is needed, hopefully I can get it scheduled for when my parents will be in town in October (after race season, just in time for winter, before Spring running starts).
6. Books. I'm learning that some people are just GREAT writers. I love the description ability of Charlotte Bronte'. I'm reading Jane Eyre. I feel like I am sitting down with Jane and we are sipping tea and she is just chatting away. Her characters are so life-like. I'm also reading some for blog-material: John and Abigail Adams' letters and 7 Hardest Thing God Asks a Woman to Do. We'll see. And I'm reading one for fun - Alone in the Kitchen With an Eggplant - hilarious, some choice vocabulary, cynicism, sarcasm, some recipes. My brother is a good writer as well - especially about Florida.
7. Summer. It has been hot. I do not have air conditioning. I walk once it gets cooler. I try not to use my oven as much. God is good by having a reprieve of the heat this week - its only in the mid 80s.
8. July 4. This weekend i'll be in IN celebrating the 4th by taking a personal retreat with me and God and a pen, bible, and paper. I'm looking forward to the quiet, a/c, hanging out prayer time to seek some answers, grow in my willingness to be open and vulnerable, and be away from fb, texting, tv, computer for 48 whole hours!
9. Sojourn. I love my new church. We are seeking to start a new site here in the area of Louisville in which I live. Looking to start in August (I'll be gone the whole month however). Excited. Also, I'm loving the sermons. Continuing in the BC (OT) series. Good stuff. And they just put out a new CD - click the Sojourn link on the right.
10. Friends. I love my friends. I loved catching up with many around the SBC last week. I love how friends are moving and going to different parts of the country/world. I love friends who I can be real with and who still love me. I'm thankful for the WHOLE Body of Christ and how we can celebrate what God is doing in our lives - and have accountability with those people. God is good.

Well, that is just a brief snapshot. Enjoy

No comments: