Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Baptist History Celebration

In Charleston, SC, this week is the above conference held at First Baptist Church.
Even though the church does not have wireless, I will be "live-blogging" this event starting tonight and then posting them when I get back to the hotel. Technology or the lack there of. Gotta love it.
This is a celebration of all Baptists - coming from many denominations. There will be Primitive Baptists, American Baptists, Southern Baptists, etc. All coming together on unity of our calling to Love God and Love others - I hope. It is neat how many different types of people will be here. Not all of us will affirm the BF&M 2000 or the Philadelphia Confession of 1742. But, I pray there will be very little disagreement this week and more heard about the issues on which we can agree.
My Dad is probably most excited about hearing Lassarre Bradley of the Primitive Baptists - because they have been friends many years.
I, on the other hand, am most excited about hearing the biography profile on Ann Judson (first wife of Adoniram Judson, missionary) and the breakout session on the last day on Spurgeon (JD Greear just suggested a great book on him that I must get, they may even have it here).
Anyway, please check back. You can also find a link to this blog on Tim Challies' blog www.challies.com - thanks Tim. I will be missing the final plenary session on Friday night due to traveling, but everything else will be here. This is for those of you especially into Baptist History and Unity among Believers.

No comments: