Thursday, August 30, 2007

Open Wide and I Will Fill It



The faithfulness of God has impressed me once again. I get so discouraged in my situation that I often despair and wonder how God can move...silly and foolish me.
Ps 30.11-12 "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing. you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness that my glory my sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God I will give thanks to you forever.
Ps 54.6-7 "With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you, I will give thanks to your name O Lord, for it is good. For he has delivered me from every trouble.
Jer 31.25 "For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.
These are all verses I have read in the last three days...

Big move is on the way - and soon.

On Tuesday I will pack my ford Taurus and move to Louisville Ky. No, I won't become a UK fan or a Cardinal fan, I'll still pull for my Gators! Whoohoo College football is here!

I will be working at Southern Seminary in the Dean of the Lead School's office, Dr. Randy Stinson. I've read his work and heard all about him, now I get the chance to work for him.

I'll also have the opportunity to continue my schooling while I'm there at an amazing school and do ministry.

Prayer requests:

1. Money to be exactly what I need.

2. Smooth transition for all involved

3. The college ministry at Stetson University

4. A church in Louisville where hopefully I can get plugged into college ministry as well.

5. Traveling mercies (I get to see a dear friend from high school).


Who would have thought that my first visit to Southern's campus 10 days ago would so soon become my new home?


Thanks for the prayers!


2 comments:

Stephen Garrett said...

I do ask the Lord to grant you your prayers and his richest blessing on your move.

Stephen Garrett
www.baptistgadfly.blogspot.com
www.stephenmgarrett.blogspot.com

Leah F said...

Nathan and I spent two years in Louisville at SBTS, and really loved the school and the area. I hope your move goes smoothly and that the transition is wonderful. I would highly recommend our former church, Ninth and O, (Randy Stinson is a member there) because Bill Cook is quite frankly the best preacher I have ever sat under. Okay, new topic because I miss 9th & O---

What made you visit SBTS? What made you apply? This information is conveniently left out of your blog! Inquiring minds want to know!

back to LouKy--Great GREAT restaurants...Porcini's and Fat Jimmys are near the school, and you have to try Lynn's Paradise Cafe and have their mac and cheese! Okay, that's enough for now...
Leah