Friday, November 09, 2007

Yet it is as God Has Planned


life sometimes just isn't quite as I would have planned it. Yet, (as my mentor said this morning), it is as God has planned it. Ultimately, I do want that - but God has also allowed times of mourning in our lives. Not mourning over a death or anything, just mourning over unfulfilled longing, visions, dreams, desires.

Yet it is as God has planned.

This morning my verse for a battle with sin was Ps 62.5-8:

"For God alone, o my soul, wait in silence. My hope is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I will not be shaken. on God rests my salvation and my glory. My mighty rock. My refuge is God. Trust in HIM at ALL times, people pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us!"

How pertinent are these verse to my life today. So grateful for the reality of Scripture and the truth of the VERY WORDS of the Word of God. A time when words have lost so much of their meaning - yet I can trust that these are the very inspired Words of God.

I was reminded again this morning by a friend of the validity of Ps 84.11a "For the Lord God is a sun and shield, the Lord bestows favor and honor." - He is a SHIELD!

May the vision of God's Glory be my life's ambition. If I ever get a clearer goal, a more specific goal, that would be good - but God's glory - not my own - is what life is all about. He is my glory - not anything else or anyone else.

Yet, it is as God has planned. Thanks Phyllis!

No comments: