Monday, May 08, 2006

Thoughts on DVC

OK - so that means the Davinci Code. My family was appalled that I was reading the book. I want to engage the culture I'm in - not be of it - not think like they do, but be able to engage it without using circular reasoning. The DVC is a good (not great) work of fiction. Kept me interested. I COULD put it down. But, at the end, I was glad that there was nothing I could but put my complete trust in the perfect creator of the Universe - and there is only ONE. I'm glad I don't worship a person like me, someone who makes mistakes and who fails and who died and stayed dead. There is only one GOD! He died for me and rose, and will come back one day for me. I don't have to search the globe for Him, kill for Him, or anything else. All I have to do is believe in the free gift that He has given me...He chose me...

No comments: