Friday, February 23, 2007

meeting a blogger mentor


Carolyn McCulley and Mahaney have both been mentors to me in the ministry of a wife, a mother, a discipler, a woman after God's own heart. I have had the opportunity to meet both of them this year. Last night I met Carolyn McCulley, of the solofeminity fame. She came and spoke at Southeastern SEminary and it was my last night to be there as I get ready to move. Perfect timing.
She spoke on how single women can live out Prov. 31 (which is mostly prescribed of wives)
1. We can be smart financially (debts, investments, etc)
2. We can pour into kids lives (be mothers in the Word, mentors, etc).

She said other things too, but that is where I am at right now. I do want to live smart with my money, live simply, that is always a work in progress. Thank you Holy Spirit. I also want to invest in girls' lives, whether high school or college age, or really anyone that God brings my way. I pray that I have ample opportunity to do so in FL as I have been able to do so here and also in FL before I left for NC.

No comments: