Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Crowning Moment






I just returned earlier today from my weekend in White Plains. It was a great weekend of ministry and fellowship in a decidedly different world then the south. I really liked the city of White Plains - and the town of Granite Springs we (the ladies and I) went to on Saturday to pick apples. I got a suitcase full (25 lbs), and a small pumpkin. Angela and I roasted pumpkin seeded and got out the filling to make our own "canned" pumpkin. It wasn't as difficult as I thought. So, now I have apples to eat and bake with - if I only had a kitchen. I may just have to go borrow one.
I learned many things this weekend: conviction of the Holy Spirit and Grace is so rich and free. Also, what is looks like for women to be the crown of their husbands. Even though I'm not married - I can think to that end. But, also, I'm already married and the Bride of Christ...I should not want anyone to look at me and see me, but I should want people to look at me, see Christ the King - and not even think of the crown that He wears. I want people to look at me and see Christ - with me doing no harm to the name of Christ. Oh, how far I have to go.
Pray for Christ the King Church - they are reaching a mostly Catholic neighborhood and definitely a multi-cultural city. Good thing God is a multi-cultural God - meaning that it doesn't matter whether you are white, black, hispanic, asian...Jesus is. (period).
Enjoy the pictures. Ones from the pumpkin/apple farm and the others are from the Sims' backporch at sunset - beautiful Creator God that we serve!

No comments: