Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ode to Friends and Toy Story




I love that movie. I love the characters, the voices, the plot, the funness (is that a word) of it, all of it. It makes me laugh and smile just thinking about it. But, I'm not going into Toy Story details - watch it for yourself. But, I want to talk about friends. I have plenty of them - God has been extremely gracious in that department. So, this definitely isn't about naming them all, just want to highlight three who have been very influential in the past couple months especially.


Sarah - I've known Sarah the longest out of these three women. She makes me laugh, challenges me in living and in the Word, she is brilliant, she is very resourceful, she loves Jesus and sharing Him all over the world. She'll go on long bike rides with me, share her clothes, make tasty meals and show me how to make hummus and other yummy stuff. She's amazing - and I miss her.


Rachael - I've known Rachael a little over 2 years - and it really feels like I've known her forever. She acts as my friend yes, but also my "Priest". I can call and confess things to her and she is an amazing listener and accountability partner. I often think we are a lot a like, but then realize how different we are. But, I love her - and I'm so grateful for Matthew (another friend) and the Shanes for introducing us! It was an amazing night that ended in great food (Red Robin) and a great friendship.


Elizabeth - I've known her the shortest - only for about 6 months, although we overlapped in RDU for a period of time. She is an amazing wife, friend, mother, homemaker, lover of God, pours herself into the Word. She is the only married one out of the bunch that I've mentioned. She teaches her kids the praise and worship and adoration of God. She is so hospitable.


I look at these three women that God has placed in my life, women who will be used of God to convict me when I am, encourage me when I am down, and love me and pour into me to make me more into the image of Christ. These three women are all amazingly similar and all have similar goals in life.
Hebrews 3.12, 13:
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.


Phil 1.3 definitely applies to all of these women. I am eternally grateful girls! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am very humbled. I love you and am praying for you. Elizabeth