This is really for all the new mothers I know out there (or pregnant ones): Davia, Christina, Angela, MG, Tonya, Tab, and probably others I'm forgetting. I just wanted to share some things that I've seen happen in the last few weeks and months of acts of unselfishness. This is really why God has seen fit not to make me a mother yet, because I'm so selfish...
- all the changes your body goes through when you are pregnant and how hard you have to work at it to get it back
- losing sleep so you can get to the pediatrician early on a Sunday morning during the 2 hours they are open.
- changing your eating habits, like not really wanting to drink coffee when you are pregnant
- throwing crazy b-day parties - like Superheroes
- taking longer to get in and out of the car - especially when it is raining
- cleaning out your kitchen pantry so your only daughter can move back home
- giving up peace and quiet except for that rare moment when all your kids are asleep - than all you want to do it take a nap
- all this while keeping your husband as your top priority (outside of Jesus).
Craziness. I thank you for all the stuff you are all teaching me