Monday, January 15, 2007

South Carolina





Well, my weekend in SC was quite good.

Got down there late on Friday - had a great night sleep, ready to venture on Saturday.

Played with these kids before the game, (do you know how hard it is to get 3 kids to all look at a camera and smile at the same time). Then came the GATOR game at USC - my first in enemy territory - but you aren't alone with you are part of the GATORNation! Do you see all that blue? We killed them the second half. Lee H (12) couldn't be stopped on threes! It was great.

Then Tab and I went on some errands and I sat in the car and listened to the Colts game...GO COLTS! Those field goals - hey, I'll take them. The defense held the Ravens - who were picked to win by (the last time I looked) every ESPN writer/announcer. That's rough - but now we got home field advantage. You gotta love the playoffs!

Then I drove to 96 on Sunday afternoon and had lunch with Christina, Marcus, and Will Vickers. William is 5 1/2 weeks old. The spaghetti was nutritious and delicious! Thank you for the hospitality!

Then drove back listening to football through all the small towns in SC.

No comments: