Monday, July 09, 2007

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?

Carolyn McCulley hits a homerun with this book. When I first saw the title, I thought there was no way I was going to read it because it was surely lead me to a life long result of singleness. But, then I heard her speak at SEBTS right before I moved back to FL. She was such a refreshment to everyone there (at least in my opinion).
This book is honest, hopefully in the sovereignty of God and His plans/timing, and pointedly active. She gives us ways that we as WOMEN can fulfill Prov 31 even while we are single. There are so many ways.
The thing that has hit me the most is in her chapter - wise speech. She recounts listening to a Mark Dever sermon about Ruth. She says that since God gave us every breath - aren't we going to be accountable for every word that comes out of our mouths? How rich this was to me this weekend.
And two more great points: she highlights many resources to follow-up with if you want to study a particular area more. She also ends the book with the presentation of the gospel - like all Sovereign Grace publications - very CROSS centered!
Thank you Carolyn. Every single woman needs to read this book.

No comments: