Wednesday, July 11, 2007

more worship

Of course we know that the book of psalms is worship. But, this I thought was such an odd display of worship - one that we rarely do.
ps 119.48
"I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes."

With open, flat hands raised to the very commands of God - the things that come out of his mouth - we can't be holding on to anything with clinched fists. How often I do that. I come to God expecting to hear from Him and have all these things in my hand that are blocking my ears if that makes any sense. What do you have clinched fists around? How is that hindering how you hear from God?

This love is a friendship love, spending time with love, but in the case of being God's friend (just for you Jenn Pappa) - I am a friend of God 18 times - we have to be obedient. Jesus says you are my friends if you obey my commands. What commands am I - are you - not obeying today - probably because we have our hands wrapped too tightly around our sin!

Sing, speak, act upon the commands of God - meditate on them. They are prescribed for our good - not for our harm. Our God is a God of love - much unlike the gods of this world. There are several religions that have 100s of gods, but not a one of them is a god of love - like our one true Supreme, all-loving God - for His glory - our good and eternal joy.

Meditate - sing - act!

No comments: