Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Random 2009 Resolutions

As I was journaling last night, I figured why wait for these resolutions for 2 more days - start doing them now. Hopefully that will help me keep them throughout the year.
This will include random ones. My spiritual/reading one will come on Friday - be ready for it - it will be exciting (or least I'm excited about it). My food one (recipes, cooking) is at my other blog: http://kimsstateoffood.blogspot.com.
So, here goes...and like I said - I have already started working on these.
1. Run my first 5k. This will take place Feb 21 in Indianapolis, IN - that is only two hours away. It is called the Polar Bear Run. I started training yesterday - doing the Couch to 5K training. Anyone want to do it with me? I am excited for the challenge and the goal.
2. Take better care of my face and skin. This comes with getting older, but too often I go to bed with makeup on, or only wash my face but don't moisturize it. I need to be a good steward of the only skin I was given.
3. Try new things: food, sports, etc.
4. More piano playing. I took 8 years of this at LCS, but since I haven't done much with it. I am getting my uncle's very nice keyboard in March and I look forward to having it and playing more on it. Just so my parents won't think they wasted that extra money at Lakeland Christian and Mrs. Parrish will get some credit!
5. This is partly with number 1...lose 30 more pounds. Since April I have lost 31 lbs and I need to lose another 30. So, I'll just keep pushing along and get 'er done (as some of my friends would say)

Those are my top 5 resolutions. My reading and study list will come on Friday.

2 comments:

Leah F said...

Great goals, Kim! Question--what is the Couch to 5K training? How are you going to do that? I also resonate with your goal to take better care of your skin. Let me know if there is a regimen or product line that you particularly recommend:-) Happy New Year!

lani said...

hey. thanks for the email of support, i'm a little behind in responding. anyway, i just want to say i'm so in awe of your commitment to your goals. and i will be there in spirit with you as you train for the 5K....we'll be having another half marathan and marathan here in san antonio in 09, so come on down for that too! ;)