Sunday, March 22, 2009

Easter Reading

Every year at Easter I read two books - this year I am adding to the reading and also am going to a 6 hour teaching on Good Friday by one of my favorite preachers - on the cross.
The Cross-Centered Life by CJ Mahaney.
50 Reasons - John Piper (on why Jesus had to die)

And this year:
Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges.
Comforts from the Cross by Elyse Fitzpatrick (first finished one of the shelf at a book convention in TX - thanks Joneses!)

This year I have to focus on the gospel and how it changes my life. I look forward to these three books and Secret Church at Brookhills on Good Friday. May God radically change the next 3 weeks of my life and the rest of it - with the magnification of the gospel of Jesus.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Have you seen the following blogs about C.J. Mahaney and the group he leads:

www.sgmsurvivors.com

www.sgmrefuge.com

They tell of another side.

Hope this helps.