I tend to think about things that I struggle with. Most people do - I guess some sort of block it out so they don't have to think about ways they fail - but not me.
If I never think about it - I'll never get better at it. So...
Discipline is usually talked about in Scripture as a type of rebuke, exhortation, or reshaping by God in us for His glory. I've been experiencing some of that - but that is not what I am referring to.
As spring comes, things are new - flowers budding, dogwood trees in their white fluffiness - I want some things in my life to start taking shape as well. I'm not the best when it comes to home management and life management. So, I would love some thoughts from blog world:
1. Weekly home management (cleaning, money, menu, cooking)
2. Time schedule - on a weekly basis. I realize I waste too much time on a normal basis - everywhere.
3. Reading and time in the Word and the practicing of other Spiritual Disciplines
4. Practicing of hospitality
5. Being "in the world" in order to build relationships with non-Christians (because I happen to disagree with Brian McLaren when he says that we don't have to tell others there way of no Jesus is wrong). Anyway, I digress...
6. Exercising and eating right - yes, I do need help in this area to be more disciplined.
So, I would love thoughts. This is what the Body is for - right?