Thursday, March 13, 2008

Which 5?

I saw this question on a facebook page, thought I would throw the question out to the blog world?
If you only had 5 books to have for the rest of your life - what 5 books would it be? I am constantly buying new books even though I have so many on my shelves that I haven't read. It would take me forever to read everything on my current bookshelf - would I ever buy a new book? I've tried it - it doesn't work for me.
But, here are mine (I think):
1. The Bible in the English Standard Version (ESV)
2. Future Grace- John Piper
3. Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers
4. Joy of Cooking - I've gotta have one cookbook
5. Bible Doctrines - Wayne Grudem

I would really like to know yours - thoughts?

1 comment:

TimothyPaulJones said...

The Reader's Greek New Testament
The Reader's Hebrew Old Testament (to force me, eventually, to learn Hebrew as well as I wish I would have learned it in seminary)
Biblical Hebrew, Page Kelley (because, unlike Greek, I still need considerable help with Hebrew)
Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton
Church Dogmatics, Karl Barth
Star Wars: The Complete Scripts, George Lucas