Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fellowship So Deep

Wow - you are getting two posts in one day. God is good and faithful in everything.
The past 10 days have been up and down, horrible, stressful, good, a blessing, just very crazy. I've been faithfully reading in the OT and Psalms, looking for grace.
Tonight - heading into the PM service at Sojourn - a sat down next to a friend and we both sighed on our weeks. God is good even in that.
The first two songs I didn't really know - but I don't have to sing loud every one.
Then, before the sermon - we sang In Christ Alone:
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—Here in the love of Christ I stand
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid—Here in the death of Christ I live
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—Bought with the precious blood of Christ
From life's first cry to final breath,Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man... (Those are just some of my fave lyrics tonight). The Getty's are coming in concert - I could hear them 2 nights in a row for free - I think I'll take them up on that!
Daniel preached on Gen 4-11. Sin, Judgment, Grace. Cain, Lineages, Noah, Babel, Abram...
This is what I wrote down with those three words:
Sin: unprotected heart (Prov 4.23), not thinking on truth (Phil 4.8), arrogance instead of love (1 Cor 13)
Judgment: pain, broken relationships
Grace: restoration to Him and others

Gen 4-11 is such a story of grace in a cycle. God favored Cain by letting him live. God favored Noah by putting him in the ark. God favored Abram by calling him out of idolatry into promised blessings.
God favored me by restoring HIS fellowship to me: (we then took communion, sang How Deep the Fathers Love for Us) then finished the service with this Caedmon's song:

For the love that knows no ending, in the wisdom of God's plan
For the light that was descending to revive the heart of man
Christ the Lamb was made to suffer and to die upon a tree
So that we, sisters and brothers, could know His fellowship so deep
Let us sing of our Redeemer and of His love that made us free

And know this gift is ours forever, a fellowship so deep A fellowship so deep
We can feel his love among us; we can sing redemption's song

We can hear the Spirit call us to a place where we belong
For His joy is in our laughter and His comfort in our grief
Let His love here ever after be the language that we speak
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia to the Lamb, alleluia to the Lamb Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia to the Lamb, alleluia to the Lamb


Caedmon's Call can write some songs! Thank for the fellowship restored. Not only to God Himself but also to the Body of Christ. If some of you reading this have no clue what I am talking about - then just go with the broad theme of restoration and healing. If you do know what I'm talking about - thank you. If you know the details of what I'm talking about - thank you for listening and for your grace and wisdom in my life.

2 comments:

Donny said...

Hey kd!

I just discovered your blog (through Google) and I really LOVE it! Tons of great posts (no I haven't read ALL of them, yet!) and I especially love the photos (a hobby of mine)!
I've added a link to your blog to my site mercyandgrace.net - hope you don't mind! When you get a chance check out my site and, if you like it, maybe you could add a link to your site. We can share readers and reach more people with the WORD!!!
Thanks and God bless you & your loved ones - keep it up!

Donny

kd said...

thank you for the kind words. I like the music you have on your blog...