Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mastercuts Learning

No, I haven't picked up the idea to learn cosmetology. Yesterday, however, I knew it was time to go. No, I have still have to wait a bit to get my hair cut so I can then make it till May when I go to NC. But, I needed to get other grooming done, so I went there.
Sticking with my femininity (of the world, biblical) theme this year...I told the lady waxing my eyebrows that my face felt more feminine when she was done because it was nice, clean, and groomed. I loved it. I felt clean and trimmed. More feminine...(more later).
The lady next to me was getting her hair washed. Hairdressers are often known to be loud and gossip-y. This one was no different. I don't know who she was or even what she looked like (I had my eyes closed). But, she needed Jesus. She was harboring anger and resentment to her son's father and current live-in girlfriend. She kept saying she would never forgive him, bad mouthing him and her. I was just praying to myself that she would see her need for Jesus, come to be able to live an Acts 3.19 life, share her story as a hairdresser with all those people who sit in her chair (like Casey and Kathleen). Lord - whoever she is - heal her heart.
But, ok - back to the feminine. I've been in a funk the last week or so. Just kinda been heart-hurt, critical, eager for things to get back to normal, have that "spunk" back. So many things are going right. I am reading in the Word every night, focusing on grace, but just the attitude hasn't quite been readable on my face. I want to learn to live grace on my face and in my heart (giving, warm, a blessing spirit not a critical spirit) even when things aren't going right. When my heart is hurting. When life is tough. When things don't always go my way. God's ways are so much better!
Anyway...again - keeping thinking about the Word, grace, femininity, selflessness (oh, which I so need work on Jesus).
Thankful for: We sang this song last week at Sojourn and this week at Crossing (an old hymn which I love):

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
Refrain:On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Oh, how perfect timing this hymn the past two weeks in churches gathered.

No comments: