Monday, January 26, 2009

Sometimes I wish...

Do you ever wish your life was different than what it was? I do...(but on the REALity side, I know God is sovereign over all and my life is just how he wants it to be).

These are some things I sometimes wish for:
1. That I lived on a farm (really, chickens, fresh milk, cream, etc - how cool would that be) - but then I wouldn't want to get up at 4am like my cousins all my life.
2. That I had some grass of my own to plant a garden. Like my friends Joy, Bobby, my parents, my cousins in AL, the Joneses, and many more - I wish I had just a little - maybe just to start out with tomatoes and basil. Yummy!
3. I wish I had countless money - not to have it - but to buy groceries with, to have people over all the time, to give to missions so (right now) my brother and sister in law could go to Cameroon having met their monthly goal.
4. I wish I didn't have to work. I LOVE MY JOB and am VERY THANKFUL FOR IT. But, I wish there was a way that I didn't have to work: so I could go on mission trips whenever I wanted, that I could put more time and energy into the Word, my study of it, reading, cooking, home stuff, running, personal care, friends, coffee dates, traveling, etc.
5. I wish I were married. That is enough said in that.
6. I wish I were skinnier (but I am working on that).
7. I wish I could sing better than I do, and write better, and run better, and cook better, and love people better...(I think I can work on almost all of those).
8. I wish I had a jet plane (and a pilot's license, and all the money for upkeep), so I could fly and travel all over the place. Like going with my friend Maggie or Janel to one of their many trips to NYC, or just hop down to central FL for family dinners or St. Aug for youth events, or to NC to watch big games with friends there or for births of precious babies!
9. I wish I had the patience of my father and the creativeness of my mother.

Those are it for today. But, I am thankful for my life, my friends, the gifts that God has given me, and the work of sanctification in my life - and the promise that He fulfills all of our needs and grants us the desires of our hearts.

No comments: