Friday, January 09, 2009

Sojourn Music: My Rock and My Redeemer

This week has definitely been one of ups and down. Came off a great birthday weekend, then work, CG, reading in the OT and Psalms, Gator national Championship, training for my 5k, pilates routines, being tired, getting to bed too late, breaking a small weight plateau, having a messy house b/c of being tired, etc. Last night one of the songs I had put on a CD for my friend and former roomie (and Sooner) came on my iPod while running. LOVE THE SONG! And the Psalm that is comes from...Here you go. Brought to you by the fantastic people at Sojourn off an older album (they are working on 2 Watts projects for 09).

My Rock and My Redeemer:
All I feel is broken, and weary to the bone
I've given up the fight and found I have no strength to carry on
Let me run to you, Draw me close and hold me tight
Be the strength that I don't have, And in my weakness shine


You are my Rock and my Redeemer
My Refuge sure and strong, My faithful loving Father
You are my Shelter in the storm

I find myself a captive, Of the same old tired lies
The ones that say I'm hopeless, Not even worth a try
Let your truth run through me, Set me free I know you can
Take my soul, make me whole
, To seek your face again

Teach me Lord to trust You, Instead of my own strength
To find my worth in Your love alone. And my hope within your grace.

The words in red are the one that have reasonated with me this week. Mostly on Wednesday night after Community Group. To ask God of the impossible, and see it so often not answered in the way I would desire. But knowing and trusting God to be the everlasting incredible gracious and wise Father that He is is sustaining. "To find my worth in your love alone..."
This song can be found on iTunes - it is a great one. Acoustic in style, powerful in words.

No comments: