Sunday, April 22, 2007

you know you're in St. Aug when...




These incredible things happen (and I don't mean incredible lightly)

1. You walk into Ace Hardware and see 3/4 of one of the best families in St. Augustine.

2. You make homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time and teach fractions at the same time. They were so good!

3. You see some of the above youth lead in all four services at Anastasia this weekend. The youth choir sang, they ushered and took the offering, shared testimonies. Jamer, Chase, and Archie all preached on "boast in weaknesses". The band (led by Ella and Jamer) did Stained Glass Masquerade by Casting Crowns and did an excellent job.

4. You see an old friend from college who is now a husband and a dad and is plugged into a great church - loving Jesus.

5. You feel more and more at home in your "old" church because of community and ministry.

6. A girl walks up to you and says she loves your shoes - and you know she is just a 6th grader so she is not assuming anything. And then another girl walks up and says I love you - I've hung out with this girl twice - and I say it in return. She asks, "really?" - and I said honestly and truly - and the only reason I can say that is because God first loved me and has called me to love and disciple girls! And to see both of these girls dance for Jesus this weekend to the Casting Crowns song.

7. Riding bikes down to the beach and seeing the beauty of God's creation in the sand, jellyfishes, clear blue sky, the crashing waning tide, the pretty flowers.

8. Eating all the veggies right out of the garden. Its so cool: blackberries, blueberries, japanese plums, apples, oranges, lemons, lychees, mangoes, grapefruit, lettuce, plus roses and other pretty flowers. I'm probably forgetting something.

9. Hanging out on chairs in the front yard soaking up the sun playing sudoku and finishing 2 puzzles.

10. Playing golf and improving my score. Ok, so it was on Wii, but I became a person. I had -1 going into the last hole today, but did horrible thanks to the water, ended at +5, but still won that round!

11. Got to eat breakfast this morning with the above girl pictured with me - Misty. She is amazing! I feel like I've known her my whole life - and its really just been since February. And she remembered what kind of tea I wanted - Foxtrot - great tea! Thanks for being a much needed addition to my weekend - we must do it again - soon! :)

12. Learned a verse that illuminated a particular song "Marvelous Light" - by Crowder or Tomlin, whoever you are listening to at the time:

Micah 7.9

"I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him. Until he pleads my case and executes justic for me. He will bring me out to the light and I will see his righteousness."

Thanks Chase for bringing that verse into your sermon.

Thanks to the youth, the youth pastor and workers, and the Crums for letting me stay with them! I love this place!

No comments: