Sunday, April 22, 2007

learning...

I've been learning much about growing as a woman of God. There is much that the Bible says about this particular task that we as woman need to be doing (yes, I know sanctification is all grace)... Remember a few weeks ago I was learning the word "contentious", well, I'm still working on that one, and I thought I would add some more to the pile...
Prudence...a word that means wise with resources, not wasteful, spends her money and her family's money with careful attention, but also wise and careful with words, food, time, possessions, etc. I've been learning and thinking about this word since I read it in proverbs last week.
Diligent/Industrious: I learned the true meaning of this by staying in Patty Crum's house this weekend. Seriously, if there were pictures in the dictionary - her portrait would be next to these. But, the Bible makes great light out of this in Prov 31. I mentioned this to her husband and he agreed.
Prov 31...
13 - she seeks wool and flax and works with willing hands (how about hot glue and crimping tools)
27 - she looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness (she is always doing something, like fixing screens and swing sets)
31 - give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates

Thanks Patty and other women in my life who have demonstrated these two things as I continue to look to older women to show me the ways of Jesus (Titus 2)

No comments: