Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Word of the Day: Contentious

I read that this morning in my time in Prov 21 - it is a scary word. Especially when you find yourself so much in that word. yuck.
God is teaching me a lot about traits of a good wife and mother, woman of God, follower of Him. The Word tells us that men should not want to live with a contentious woman. So, I wanted to find out what exactly this word meant:
Contentious:
exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes

Is that really me? Would I consider myself to be that? Around some people, yes.
So, how did I apply the Word today...
Everytime my mouth opened, I would think of the word contentious - and try to think about what I was saying. Sometimes that made me shut my mouth, other times I just said it anyway (and thought later). But, even laying here now I want to take the word contentious and replace it with peace, quiet, submissive, calm, beauty. Those are the words I would rather have describe me.
Any of you married women out there know how to live this out on a daily basis?

No comments: