Monday, March 05, 2007

not politicians

As I was reading in the Word last night, I came to a passage in 2 Cor 5 that I really liked and I thought I would pass it along to you as you word for the day:
"Therefore we also have as our ambition to be pleasing to Him"
This morning: looking up ambition in the online m-w.com It actually comes from a latin word meaning the act of soliciting for votes (aren't you glad we don't have to be like politicians before God). But one of the definitions m-w gives is: the desire to achieve a particular end. And this leads me to the Confession that says "the chief END of man is glorify God and enjoy Him forever."
I pray that you lead an ambitious life today: not ambitious to be a good friend, teacher, researcher, pastor, parent, spouse, etc. (and these are not bad in and of themselves) - but be ambitious towards pleasing the Father.

No comments: