Friday, July 25, 2008

New mission: Kentucky State Parks

My brother and sister-in-law and Justin Myers, a friend here at seminary, inspired this new mission. Alan and T love taking trips too. They visit state parks in FL and lighthouses (T and I just had this conversation a few weeks ago). Justin and his wife, Bonnie, love to travel as well. Justin and I were just talking about Tennessee state parks last week before my trip to E TN.
So, here it is. Since Kentucky isn't that big (and I mean that big, its not as big or long as the state of FL)...I would like to get to every state park.
These are some reasons why:
1. Free entry - only thing I have to pay for is gas.
2. Enjoying different aspects of God's creation.
3. Something to do that gets me out of Louisville
4. I won't sit in my apt and watch Food Network on Saturdays or Sunday mornings (since I go to church at night).
5. I love to camp if I have someone to do it with - any takers?
6. It'll be good exercise (to walk the trails, and varies from Cherokee and the parks here in the ville).
7. Because I can.
8. I love to travel
9. I love scenery pictures!

All of them are here: http://parks.ky.gov/default.htm
Can't wait. This weekend is Taylorsville Lake State Park. It is about 30 minutes away. It is the second closest - and I don't have a ton of time since I have to work on Sat morning.
I'll be posting pictures - so be on the lookout!

No comments: