Monday, January 02, 2006

Jan 2 - Matt 23-28

Finally - the 2nd day of January and I'm already behind. JD gave us the normal reading plan, but I like the one I am doing better so I am going to stick with it.
But, 2 days behind and I've still gotta finish Matthew...
23.1-12 - Just what I was talking with Sharon about...the stuff I do and how I do it for my glory and so that people can know my name - but how I should be doing it not even thinking about myself but for Your glory and to be a servant to other people. Help me to have that servants heart in Thailand...I need to meditate on that verse...start doing it now so that maybe the Spirit can work it in my life by then...oh, Spirit - I believe you can work - I've seen you do it - help me to practice this verse...
24.14 - Help me to be a part of this on a daily basis, but oh to be a part of it to the ends of the earth as well...in Thailand - with the B monks, to be an encouragement to those who are on the lines every day, to help strengthen them...
25.21 - Obedience: enter into the joy of your Master
25.32 - Before Him will be gathered all the nations - we get to be included in that inheritance over the next 2 weeks...
25.34 - Oh to be blessed of God before the foundations of the world. But, since I don't know who is on the right and who is on the left - it is my job to go...
26.13 - What will I be known for. AJ is known for being a woman of God to someone who has only known her for a week. This woman will always be remembered by what she poured out on Jesus' feet - not much of anything else. What do I want to be remembered for? To strive for the presence of Jesus - to be known as one who walks closely with you. But, to walk closely with you not for that purpose but for the end in itself.
26.15 - I don't know when I was asked the questions - what are your 30 pieces of silver, but it is such a tough question....right now it is FoodTV, any tv for that matter, a few extra hours of restless sleep, sin, pure rebellious sin...
26.25 - I wonder how the rest of the disciples reacted to this news? Did they want to kill him? What was the reaction of the rest of the talmudine when one of the talmids rejected their Rabbi? Question for JD or Ray Vander Laan?
27.63 - They had to have had some belief in what Jesus said because they acted on it - maybe not out of right conviction, but they remembered what He had said and acted on it - the power of Jesus' words.
28.5 - Just like at His first coming to life - "Do not fear" and now at his second coming to life - "Do not fear."
28.15 - and I wonder if Matthew ever thought as he was writing this that the same false stealing the body routine would be carried out 2000 years later?
28.17-20 - Obedience, worship, missions...they all go hand in hand...

No comments: