Friday, February 08, 2008

We Will Sit at His Feet


Sitting in the balcony yesterday during chapel, I picked up a hymnal. I really do love hymnals - because most of them have rich lyrics that proclaim the gospel (with little notes attached). One of the songs I go back to frequently is one I learned in elementary school and we sang regularly at my little church growing up and I could play on the piano basically without look at the book. It is Trust and Obey. The simplicity of the words and tune. I read it yesterday and then one random line in the last stanza stood out to me. I craved what it said.

"Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet.Or we’ll walk by His side in the way.What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;Never fear, only trust and obey."

I would assume this line is referring to the time once Christ returns or I die one - but I thought about it in another way.

Let me paint you a picture:

Setting: my living room - Foster - Louisville KY

Furniture: Big chair and a half, in front it (move the coffee table) and place a bean bag chair (this I don't have, but a denim one or red one would be perfect)

Cast Members: me and Jesus

Cue: Jesus in the chair, me on the bean bag chair in front of Him on the floor.


Yesterday, which didn't happen in reality, but I wanted it to. All I wanted to do was to sit there, lay my head on Jesus' lap and do a couple of things: talk to him, just lay there, cry, sleep, rest, be still.

Ps 46.10 "Be still and know that I am God, I will exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

I have learned the meaning of that being still and letting God be God in one area of my life the past few weeks. You know what I have discovered - life is much easier! :) Try it sometime!

But, this week: I was 0-2 in bball games, work has been stressful, my weekend (although fun) is full with no time to rest (I do love traveling and seeing friends though).

I just want to sit, or walk (when its not freezing), or go drive a boat out into the middle of the Suwannee River and sit there looking up at the sky with nothing around by trees, water, and fishies, or be on the beach at St. Augustine with my feet in the water and the sand wiggling in between my toes.
I know the picture up top isn't quiet the living room scene, but I loved the front porch feel!
I do love peace and quiet - it helps me to remain peaceful and quiet. Maybe one of these days I'll get productivity and time management down so I can grasp that in a scheduled look. Or wish I could take a nap out under some trees when the weather is warmer here in L-ville.
Many quiet blessings!


No comments: