Thursday, September 07, 2006

thoughts on class tonight

As I sat in class tonight - I realized this is the first time one of Dr. Coley's classes is actually having an adverse effect on me. Not to take anything away from the class at all - and I really like Dr. Littlejohn's perspective on thing (Trinity Academy, Raleigh).
But, I sit there, especially if we talk about our current vocation. This is what I get. Mothers or teachers (or administrators). Then I say, oh, I push papers at Duke. Who cares that I already have a degree and I teach Bible studies to women and college girls (yes, I love doing that and I don't mean to downplay that at all) - but do I get paid for it? NO!
So, his class is actually depressing me because I can talk about this all day long and it never seemingly takes me anywhere except to some dead-end low ender job. Will I ever get to do what I love to do and get paid for it? Or be a Mom (but that is a different story).
Anyway...I know, God's plan and His timing is perfect. I just wish sometimes he would let me in on it. But then where would faith be? God I need that gift of faith right now - and yes, faith is a gift (Eph 2.8-9) and I think it applies even outside the realm of salvation.

No comments: