Monday, September 10, 2007

J.D. Greear and Watermark


As I sat here today in my new home (a dorm room) I heard a song on my iTunes that brought a smile to my face - I grabbed the nearest pen and wrote it down. I've always loved this line, but hearing it again tonight made it even clearer.

Something JD said in a sermon many years ago came to mind too. Being in the presence of God is the safest place to be. God doesn't demand that I be someone I'm not. He loves me and desires to shape me into the image of Jesus. But, He knows everything about me. He knows when I'm doing stuff for show, when I'm prideful, when I'm weak, when I'm intimidated, when I'm doubtful about the abilities that He has given me, when I'm trying to be someone I'm not, when I'm tired and all I wanna do is sit down and watch football. And yet - HE STILL LOVES ME. That is one of the best quotes I've ever heard from JD - and I've heard a lot of them. Thanks JD!

Now for the quote:

Watermark (Nathan and Christy Nockels):

from the song "Captivate" from the CD The Purest Place:


"and your fellowship is free" - just dwell on that and see if it doesn't bring a since of peace to your chaotic life!

No comments: