Sunday, September 09, 2007

May the Mind of Christ, My Savior

Most times I sing an old hymn that I don't know and never have heard of, I just blah through it. But, tonight, as I sang this old hymn as the benediction (all 6 verse), I loved them because they were very biblical verses.
May the Mind of Christ My Savior


May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day, By His love and power controlling All I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph Only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father Rule my life in everything
,
That I may be calm to comfort Sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea; Him exalting, self abasing, This is victory.
May I run the race before me, Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus As I onward go.
May His beauty rest upon me, As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel, Seeing only Him.

No comments: