Well, I've been in KY for 3 days now, so I thought I would sit down and post some thoughts...
1. Always think the worst - then when you are surprised with the better - it will make your day. I thought I was going to have a small dorm room and no kitchen. But, I have the end unit, by myself, with a sink (still across the hall from bathrooms and showers), big closet, much desk space and storage space, a dorm kitchen that is big (but doesn't always function right), and it is actually quieter than I thought.
2. Louisville is really big. There are so many interstates. 65, 64, 264, 265, 71 just to name a few and everywhere is traffic. But, I am learning my way around.
3. No SUPER anything nearby. There is no S Walmart or Target close to me. What is wrong with that picture? I've always lived near one of those stores. Durham it was around the corner, WF they were both less than 2 miles, Raleigh, it was a few minutes. Lakeland it was 3 miles. Last night I went to a Walmart Neighborhood Market (just food and beauty stuff), but today I'm going across the River into IN to get to the nearest one.
4. I love knowing people. Ok, so I only know a few people here in Louisville, but I'm very grateful for the ones I know. Brad and Lindsay have been lifesavers with directions, moving in help, homecooked meal (cashew chicken and oreo dessert), and a place to watch football. "Dr. Parker", Shane, has been great in the office because I knew him at Southeastern too. His wife has been out of town, but I look forward to seeing some of Lexington when I take them up on their offer for dinner sometime. He is a pastor there. I'm looking forward to seeing Jaye on Monday when she gets in.
5. God is still a God of answering prayers for His glory! He gave me this job less than 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm here. He gave me a better room than I thought. I'm already meeting college girls (since I live in the college girls' dorm). He gave me people I know here. He is even in the business of answering small prayers - like letting me do real well on my clerical tests I had to take the other day and calmed my nerves when I was taken them. Thank you JESUS!
Anyway, those are the top 5 things I've learned in 3 days. More to come later - and I promise i'll shoot you some pictures at some point.