Wednesday, June 13, 2007

am I drunk?

Do I act like this...I am found in Christ - but do my actions (living in sin) deceive?
119.21
"You rebuke the insolent, accursed ones who wander from your commandments."

Rebuke as a father to a child. That is what the Proverbs tells us God does for those whom He loves. So - we should be grateful for the rebuke of the Lord when we do sin - because He loves us enough to bring us back into a right relationship with Himself.

That is also one of the many purposes of Scripture. Paul tells Timothy that Scripture corrects and rebukes for righteousness. That is also why we should read it and dwell on it and put it into action.

One of the definitions for accursed is presumptious. My big thing right now is being satisfied with God, finding joy (conference this weekend) - where I am, not always wanting more. Am I actually presumptious to think that I deserve even what I have, much less more than what He has been gracious enough to give me.

To err is the same word for drunkenness. To get excited by poison. How often do things of the world excite me, not that I can't enjoy sports or cooking or things, but know the GIVER and the place of those things in life. God is the thing i should be excited about - not these things all the time.

No comments: