Friday, June 08, 2007

shalom in the world

Back on track this morning with Ps 119. I've done some word studies this week, one of which you read yesterday. The other one was meekness - how we look at that very differently from the world's view than we do as we should by looking at it from the viewpoint of Scripture. Remember - ALL Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for (naming just one) correction! And, oh, I need it often unfortunately - grace is so evident in my life. How's that to start a Friday?...
Anyway, I digress... (and Abraham Piper told me how to write a blog yesterday)...
Ps 119.165
"Great peace have those who love your law, nothing can make them stumble."

Not just peace - which is a good thing - but abundant, exceeding, peace. Peace in every situation. I think this comes because we aren't living for the situation - we are living for the glory of God. Our hopes, joys, future isn't wrapped up in the outcome of each situations - but in knowing that no matter what the situation or outcome God is going to get the greater glory. That is where peace "in the situation" comes from.

Peace - shalom. Completeness or contentment. Again, am I content and complete in knowing that in situation God is going to so act for Himself to get the greatest glory. Let me not be content with how I want a situation to turn out - but let it be the focus of the glory of God - for His renown.

Enticement to sin...I think over to james 1 in the NT where he says that:

James 1.13-15 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

I believe wholeheartedly in the guidance of the whole Word. I learned (mostly in seminary) that the WORD is sufficient and when read in the guidance of the Holy Spirit will not lead you astray - it will not cause you to sin or cause you harm (in the flesh living). This is not a formula and it is not part of the prosperity gospel, but it is true. For God's greatest glory...

No comments: