Saturday, June 16, 2007

Joy Inexpressible Part 3.1

Ok - this is a quicker version of my time in Isaiah 30 last night on a leather couch in the chapel of Metro Church. It really was just one of those times that the Bible opened to it. I was laying down because I was tired but wanted to read something - so that is what it opened to. Isaiah is prophecying to God's nation and most of the time they are in complete rebellion against their God. These books are good for Christians to read. You say, that's a no brainer. But, really. We are called of God to be His children and obey Him and be His friends. Yet, we let sin forfeit us that privilege. Sin and God can not dwell in the same place.
Anyway...
1-3
Ah, stubborn children,” declares the Lord,“who carry out a plan, but not mine,and who make an alliance, [1] but not of my Spirit,that they may add sin to sin;2 who set out to go down to Egypt,without asking for my direction,to take refuge in the protection of Pharaohand to seek shelter in the shadow of Egypt
How often to do I plan to do something without even consulting God - or just rely on human wisdom to go forward with it. I confessed last night that so often I do that - and I prayed that God would use those times I have done that and (can't reverse them) and use them for HIS glory - which HE will do. May I set out in the future to seek the face of God on a situation before doing anything - that goes for everything. I want to seek my shelter in the God (as the psalmists say so many times) not in the provisions of this world or the kingdoms of this world.
7
Egypt's help is worthless and empty;therefore I have called her“Rahab who sits still"
God's help is anything but worthless and empty. It is full, precious, priceless, filling, everything we need.
12-14
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel,“Because you despise this word and trust in oppression and perversenessand rely on them,13 therefore this iniquity shall be to youlike a breach in a high wall, bulging out, and about to collapse,whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant;14 and its breaking is like that of a potter's vesselthat is smashed so ruthlesslythat among its fragments not a shard is foundwith which to take fire from the hearth,or to dip up water out of the cistern.”
Oh Jesus - do not let me despise your Word. Let me love it ever more deeply each day. Let me know your face, your hand, your presence, your Word spoken to me, your Spirit. May I know correction because I know you love me and you correct those whom you call sons and daughters. Break me of my sin and mold me back into something that is precious in your sight.
18
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
I'm so glad I am a recepient of God's gracious mercy. The two go hand in hand - grace and mercy. Thank you for both of them.
19-22
For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you. 20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. 21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. 22 Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, “Be gone!”
These I claim. I say-so them. Believe these Words of the Lord - cast out Satan from your life.
Lord - continue to work in my life today

No comments: