Friday, June 15, 2007

Joy Inexpressible Part 3

This afternoon they had carved out some time just for ladies to spend with the WORD. I did just that.
I went in the chapel - along with some other people who were in there, and just read, wanted to take a nap, but didn't.
Ps 16 and Isaiah 30 are the two passages I read. I love Ps 16. Kelly and Kasey will remember it well and I come back to it often. I love the end of it, but I'll start in v 4
The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply;their drink offerings of blood I will not pour outor take their names on my lips.
Sorrows are what we get for chasing after other gods - whatever sin it is: pride, bitterness, worry, fear of other people, laziness, gluttony, etc. I could go on - I want joy! I claim JOY! I denounce Satan and His presence in my life that robs me of my God-given, gracious JOY!
Now, going on in ps 16:
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;in the night also my heart instructs me. 8 I have set the Lord always before me;because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Therefores in Scripture are so important. Even though I love the last couple of verses of this psalm - I have to go back (literally commanded by the very words of Scripture to do so):
"I have set the Lord always before me."
I MUST DO THAT - to have the rest of it. That is the prescript to the rest of the passage!

More on Isaiah 30 probably Sunday night, along with the rest of the conference, thoughts on reformed charasmatic churches, worship, and the last session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. What a conference. Crazy thing is that my prayer partner just emailed me about Psalm 16. I read that email after we text messaged each other and after I read this blog. Amazing how God works. Therefores are important...it means that there is action to be taken, you must do in order to receive. Father, I pray Kim and I, as well as others, would seek to "set the Lord always before me".