Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Part 4 - Final






I woke up so early (the alarm clock was set wrong so I had to double check with my phone), but I wanted to get to Vogel early!
I headed to Vogel State Park in Blairsville, GA where my family would take our vacations in the summer. This is one of three places that are dear to my heart: the Suwanee River and Camp Sonlight being the other two.
I got my hiking map and started off. I did the 4 mile hike on Bear Hair Gap with the Vogel loop stuck in the middle. I am so thankful for God's creation and the physical ability to enjoy it. It was tough - my shoes gave out - but the view was so worth it. I would like to do the overnight Coosa Back Country hike if I have any takers to go with me???
Then I came back down and went around Lake Trahlyta where I saw people fishing, paddle boating, and enjoying the water, and grilling out on Labor Day. Oh, what fun!
Then, I got in my car, headed north, traveling through little back roads around Murphy NC and into TN on TN 68 till I got to 75. My only other stop (besides gas) was at Sonny's in Corbin KY. What a way to end the weekend.
By the time I was pulling out of Vogel - I was already wishing I could go back. Man, what a great place! And its only 6.15 hours away from the ville.

No comments: