Saturday, April 08, 2006

to a young man

This is a little boy named Shep Weldy. He was born last Saturday, so he's one week old today. I met Brad at Flagler College where he came in a year behind me. One day, he showed up at seminary...that was a surprise. Then I had a chance to do a DNOW weekend with him and his friend, Lindsay...his friend... Anyway, we stayed up with my boyfriend at the time and played spades on his front porch in Wake Forest till like 5 in the morning. We had so much fun. Then about 3 years later - Brad and "Say" got married. Then, I met up with them at Starbucks and we caught up. I went and brought them dinner yesterday and got to hold Shep.
Two verses:
Ps 78.72 - (This is for Shep) - With upright heart he shepherded themand guided them with his skillful hand - I pray this for you little man. I pray that you will grow up to be a skillful leader of people for God and His Kingdom.
Prov 22.6 - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. (this is for Brad and Lindsay).

Guys - I'm so glad God brought you back into my life, looking forward to another night of spades sometime (with feedings in between for Shep) and looking forward to what God is going to do with you guys!

Love you - "Aunt KD"

No comments: