Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Sunday afternoon

Church was good but painful today. It was great to have the college students back today - most of the ones I know, and to see some unexpected faces of graduates. JD preached a good sermon on being the body - especially with all this junk in the SBC about church membership and accountability b/c of that. Church discipline is a needed thing in our churches.
This is a great verse to live by for people like me who don't really like where they are in life:
Ps 43.5
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
I usually put my trust in my abilities, or things I own, or people I know - but my Hope lies only in God - my only true hope that is.
Back still hurts, went grocery shopping, had lunch with Gray, cleaned some and did some laundry, cooked a chicken. It was a good Sunday afternoon - very calming even though I spent the morning sitting in a chair in an auditorium hurting - oh, well. This too shall pass!

No comments: