Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Waiting Expectantly

This has been a hard day - when is it ever going to be the day that I work at a job that I LOVE - doing what I love, am called to, and what I'm educated to do? I don't know. I don't like being low end of the totum pole and knowing it b/c you are told that. It is hard - humbling, but hard. It was a good day other than that. Cycle class was good this morning.
A letter Mom rec'd today reminded me of a great psalm that is great - I will be praying this every morning. It will be on my mirror. Praying the Word - believing the Word - waiting expectantly...Ps 5.3
(and this is in NIV - I know, not the most reliable - ESV says sacrifices and not prayers)
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Watch closely or intently is the word in Hebrew for expectation. How do you watch closely the Lord and what He is doing - you stay in prayer and reading the Word.
Today (this morning, lunch, and now)...I've read Ps 35. First this morning I read it in light of a co-worker I am praying for - for doors to be opened. But, by the time I read it at lunch, I needed it.
Say to my soul,“I am your salvation!” David is saying this to myself. He is pleading for God - HIS LORD and PROTECTION to do just that.

No comments: