Thursday, January 03, 2008

Choosing to Worship

Hand it to James Mac to bring out other portions of the Word that are convicting - just like Savior King was last night.
Ps 34.1-3
If we are going to be worshippers - we must choose to worship.
I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!
I may not have a place with passionate extended meaningful worship - but...
I must choose to worship: to bless, praise continually, boast in humility, magnify, and exalt. Not things but the Good God who knows exactly what we need and enables us to worship Him.
But, then he goes on to talk about how some of us come in to worship and we sit with our hands folded and say "I worship with my life." This verse says I will bless the Lord at all times - His praise shall continually by MY MOUTH. SHALL be there. His praise will come out of my mouth - willful worship as he is talking about right now.
So, I can choose to go into worship services here in Louisville and be mad that people don't know how to worship, or its not what I like or am used to, or I can choose to worship the God who is the same in all these cities, church, services, etc.
It is a willful worship, evident of a heart that is overflowing with grace and love for Him.

No comments: