Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturdays are made for this...(and other things I'm sure)

Oh, there are so many reasons...
1. I can get up when I want to. Although this morning I woke up before 6, but didn't make it out of bed till about 830.
2. I don't have to be at work. I remember back in the day working at CapFit and not knowing if I would be called in to deal with something or other (the joys of being a mgr). I love being able to leave my work at Friday afternoon - whenever I get off - and not pick it up again until Monday morning.
3. Beautiful weather. God granted me much grace today by letting it be slightly warmer (about 50) than it has been all week and plenty of Florida Sunshine! I went out with my Bible - read Psalm 84 - another staple - journaled till my pen ran out of ink - then I just laid down in the grass, covered my eyes with my Bucs skicap - and listened to music. Oh, I could have so fallen asleep out there! It was wonderful.
4. Movies and reading. Inside - these are my two fave ways to relax. I have had two movies on today and will probably catch another one and have finished a Francine Rivers book on the life of Tamar. So good. I love mindless activities -or ones that allow for multi-tasking!
5. A day to cook. I've got all my meals done for the week. I've got leftover chicken salad from yesterday. Then today I made some chicken and rice and veggie soup (its simmering away on the stove right now) and had some beans and ham going in the crockpot all day. The apt smells wonderful!
6. Football. I won't be able to say this much longer as we are in the home stretch of the season. I don't even get the channels for the playoffs, so I'm having to watch the gamecast on espn and glad that the Pack have gotten their act together. Will hope the Jags can pull off a huge upset tonight!

I'll leave you with this, as I read what a friend sent me last night: on these verses brought to mind by the song: (Ps 84) - I love the new version of this song I got today: Kutless

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord;my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed! For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!

No comments: