Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Savior King

One of the things I have missed most since my move to Louisville has been deep, passionate, incredible worship. I'm not talking about contemporary worship. I'm not talking about "no hymns allowed". I'm talking about worship that doesn't allow for distractions, that makes you just want to stand with your arms held out giving your voice and life to God, lifting up your voice raised. That is what I miss. That can come in a sermon or in the music part of worship. Worship that presses you closer into the heart of the Father - makes you just want to do nothing else all day - makes you wanna go open the Word and dwell there. Man - that kinda of worship.
Now, I look so forward to my walks - even in 20 degree weather (like today). Today was a quick jaunt around Seneca park, but I got to hear "Savior King" by Hillsong United. If you haven't downloaded it onto iTunes or whatever you listen to - please stop reading this blog and go download it. It is amazing.
And I write this blog in honor of one of the most amazing men in my life: Mr. Robshaw. Most of you know about Mrs. Robshaw (Phyllis), but little is known about Billy. I love this man like he was my own father (not taking anything away from my own Dad, I love you). Billy - you are one of the most humble, loving, kind, generous, wise, worshipful, prayerful, Spirit-led, meek, fun, amazing, Godly men I know. I thank you for being a model for me of what a godly husband and father and man of God should be. All because of Jesus -right?!
Anyway - here are my thoughts on the song:
Let now the weak say I have strength (2 Cor 12.9; 13.3)
By the Spirit of power that raised Christ from the dead (2 Cor 13.4; the same God who raised Jesus from the dead is living and breathing in us - amazing isn't it - do our lives reflect it?)
And now the poor stand and confess (Luke 4.18; 6.20; 2 Cor 6.10; 8.9 - we can come before the Rich King of the Universe and confess. Not only give praise but confess. Has that ever really made sense to you - that the King of Kings would listen to our confessions - and forgive us?)
That my portion is Him and I'm more than blessed (Ps 16.5; 73.26 - I don't need anything more. I could live without getting another thing and be completely satisfied. Oh Jesus, take away my materialism and my desire for stuff - help me to continue to live in a spirit of giving and surrender - knowing you are my portion.)
Let now our hearts burn with a flame (right now my shins are burning from shin splints because I was walking so far with it about 19 degrees and the wind blowing, but does my heart and mind burn like that when I stand in the presence of God, read his Word, talk about Him, worship Him?)
A fire consuming all for Your Son's holy name (is there no other passion in my life rather than Jesus and His name and fame spread throughout all the earth?)
And with the heavens we declare You are our King (I remember a JD sermon on Worship on Display and he was talking about the trees clapping their hands in worship to their Creator. He said that people don't think we should clap our hands in worship. He laughingly said "you better not tell the trees that!" Do we think about the heavens declaring His worth? I do, honestly. That is one of the main reasons I love creation and being outside and the beach and the mountains, hurricanes, thunderstorms, snow, sunsets, sunrises - all amazing creations that God brings us to declare His Worth!)
We love You Lord, we worship You
You are our God, You alone are good - (He alone is good - amazingly good - not just slightly good - but so good, indescribably good - to us, children who scorn Him, crucify Him, mock Him, deny Him - yet, He is still unwaveringly good to us - yet I complain?! What?)
Let now Your church shine as the bride (Would people walk into our churches and see that we are ablaze for God and His glory? Would they see that we love who we are singing about? Most of the time in most of our churches anyone would walk in and be completely bored. Worship shouldn't be boring! I long for heaven - where the worship won't be boring! Praise Jesus - He is the center!)
That You saw in your heart as You offered up Your life
Let now the lost be welcomed home
By the saved and redeemed those adopted as Your own (you call me your own, I am adopted as a daughter of the King! Thank you Abba Father)
You asked your Son to carry this
The heavy cross our weight of sin (My sin - the weight of sin - in exchange for the weight of his glory).
I love You Lord, I worship You
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the Savior King (This is where my hope lies - praise you Jesus! Let me die to my life, my wants, wishes, hopes, desires - to do one thing and one thing only - honor you in every act of my being and in every beat of my life).

No comments: