Thursday, January 17, 2008

Theology of Snow





I am at one of the largest SBC seminaries - so of course I have to have a "theology" about everything! But, I do think it is cool that God gives us minds and allows us to have a biblical worldview on things...

This is an email I sent out this morning...

Job 37.6
For to the snow he says, ‘Fall on the earth,’ likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour.
Is 1:18
“Come now, let us reason[1] together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
No matter how long I live in the semi-north/north - I will never (Lord willing) lose the wonder of waking up to a white world! We were supposed to get a little bit of snow overnight, but it was definitely a good covering as you can see from some of the pictures.
I love waking up to a new fresh morning - you feel like you can start over - there is purity, cleanness, new beginning. I was walking through the quad this morning at 815 - usually pretty busy - so silent! It was so peaceful - I loved it! :)
Anyway, I love falling snow - I can just sit and stare it - never lose the wonder! :)

This was my response from my brother: (thanks for making me miss the water, bro!)
Get clean, start over, huh.
Well if I wanted to get clean and start over down in warm, balmy, breezy FL is jump in the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean, or Manatee, Fanning, White, Crystal, or Wekiva springs. Better yet I could jump in our rivers, The Suwannee, St. Johns, Indian, or Banana river. I could get in our lakes like Parker, Eola, Minihaha, Hollingsworth, or Hunter (and that's not to mention the big ones). Finally, if all else fails I can do what I am going to do tonight and get in an OUTDOOR pool and jacuzzi.
You see I'm wondering if Jesus really does live up North because ya'll can only get clean and start over in the Winter but down here we can get clean all year long:)
Have fun in the snow. I'll be thinking about you while I'm in the jacuzzi tonight.

Enjoy the pictures! One is of the campus view out of my dining room window, one of a tree I really like, one of Boyce Library, and one of Alumni Chapel. I personally have to say Binkley is prettier! :)

1 comment:

Leah F said...

I remember watching a television show that started with a snow scene, and voiceover that said "Snow is the great equalizer". He said more, but the point was that snow made everything beautiful and special, pure and new--and all things were equal. Southern Seminary is absolutely beautiful under the snow! Thanks for sharing.