Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Nevertheless...but for me

As I just told a co-worker: for as much as I get out of Scripture when I do read it - how sweet it is to me, how filling - you think I would do it more often!
Anyway...Ps 73 - no matter where I am, what I'm struggling with - it is always an answer. The presence of God.

Ps 73.1, 21-22, 23-26, 28
"Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you. Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength (rock) of my heart and my portion forever. But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works."

Rom 5 comes to mind - when I was still a sinner - God in HIS infinite wisdom, grace, and mercy - died for me.
JD talks about rocks - you've gotta have the big rocks in your life. This word in v 26 says that God is the rock of my heart - he is the big, most important thing.
BUT FOR ME - it is good to be near God - to hear his heart beating, to know His words, to delight in things that delight Him.

I love Ps 73!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Song related to heart and flesh- My heart and flesh cry out. To You the Living God. You're water to my soul. So I think the song goes that way. I got some links added to the church blog. thanks for the suggestion to do that.