Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friends Who Remind Me

I am so thankful for friends and Scripture. I am grateful that God has given me friends here, in NC, in FL, in TX, and in my other places that remind me of God's goodness and faithfulness even when things don't always go the way you want them to go.
I love friends who say "I'm praying for you, or remember, God is good and faithful and full of mercy." Those are ones I love.
Tonight...
I was reminded of:
2 Cor 10.5 - We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.
Lam 3.22ff - The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietlyfor the salvation of the Lord.
And again of my fave verse this past year - and continuing into this year:
Ps 84.11 - For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

No comments: