Thursday, October 20, 2005

Oct 20, The end of 2 Kings

I really thought this day would be split - but I guess we are going to finish it today!
20.5 - The prayers of the righteous avail much - but they still act in accordance with the will of God. It isn't like God shifted plans when Isaiah prayed - He wanted to get the glory from adding years to Hezekiah's life.
21.3 - He not only left them standing but he built them when they had been torn down.
21.13 - Even dish washing is in the Bible
22.11 - Hearing of the Word made even a righteous king rent his clothes because he knew that he had failed the things written in it, but most importantly, he had failed the God who wrote it.
22.19 - God hears the humble and is close to the broken-hearted - even if we are broken over our sin.
23.3 - follow the leader.
25.29 - He was able to dine at the king's table. I'm so glad I have a place at the banquet table, not because I get an allowance for doing good things, but because "living he loved me, dying he saved me, buried he carried my sin far away, rising he justified, freed me forever, one day He's coming back, glorious day!"

No comments: